General Booking Conditions and Release Agreement
I (and/or my parent or guardian if I am under 21 years of age), an applicant for a program sponsored by Global Travel Alliance, agree to the following:
- I agree to follow any such group rules or regulations that Global Travel Alliance (“The Company”) may require, and further, to indemnify The Company and its staff, agents, employees, vendors, and contractors against any consequences which may result as a result of my refusal to comply with such regulations. I agree that my participation in the Global Travel Alliance program may at any time be terminated by The Company if I fail to follow these regulations, the instructions of my group leader(s), or Global Travel Alliance personnel. I agree to being sent home at my own expense and waive the right to any refund of the trip cost under the Standard Cancellation Policy or the Trip Protection Plan (TPP).
- I understand that if school or church authorities, the trip leader, or the group leader, for whatever reason, declare me ineligible to participate in the enrolled trip, my cancellation is subject to the Standard Cancellation Policy, described in The Company’s current-year Booking Conditions.
- It is the sole responsibility of each parent or guardian to determine the suitability of the chaperone(s) to lead a Global Travel Alliance trip and to make sure chaperones are aware of any special needs or requirements, medical or otherwise.
- I understand that the Chaperone is the liaison between myself and The Company.
- I agree that any photo or video likenesses taken of me while on a Global Travel Alliance trip and any of my comments, are the sole property of The Company and may be used in future Company publications without any compensation being owed to me.
- I hereby waive any and all claims against The Company and its staff, agents, employees, vendors, or contractors, domestic and overseas, my local school and any staff members or chaperones accompanying the group, arising from any death, injury, loss, damage, accident, delay, irregularity, or expense to person or property incurred arising from the trips and activities facilitated by The Company, the use of any vehicle or service, strikes, war (declared or undeclared), weather, sickness, quarantine, government restrictions or regulations, or arising from any act of omission of any steamship, airline, railroad, bus company, sightseeing, hotel or any other service or transporting company, firm, individual, or agency.
- I acknowledge that participating in the activities and trips facilitated by The Company involves inherent dangers and risks that cannot be eliminated and that may result in personal injury, death, or property damage. I acknowledge that such inherent dangers and risks may include, but are not limited to: changing weather conditions, including wind, rain, hail, snow, and lightning; distance from and inaccessibility to immediate medical attention; dangers associated with walking and traveling by plane, train, airplane, bus, and automobile; dangers associated with varying medical standards of care and procedures in various locations; and dangers associated with traveling to and touring various locations. I acknowledge that I could suffer severe or fatal injuries while participating in activities and trips facilitated by The Company even if The Company, others, and I act with the utmost care and ability.
- I agree that I have a duty at all times to engage in the activities and trips facilitated by The Company in a manner that avoids injury to myself and others and to be aware of the inherent dangers and risks of the activities and trips facilitated by The Company.
- I accept all legal responsibility for injury or damage of any kind that occurs during the activities and trips facilitated by The Company or that results from or is related to my participation in the activities and trips facilitated by The Company, including but not limited to, injury or damage that results from inherent dangers and risks of activities and trips facilitated by The Company, including but not limited to those known inherent dangers and risks identified above.
- I acknowledge that by agreeing to these terms I may be waiving my legal right to a jury trial to hold The Company legally responsible for any injuries or damages resulting from risks inherent in the activities and trips facilitated by The Company or for any injuries or damages I may suffer due to The Company’s ordinary negligence that are the result of The Company’s failure to exercise reasonable care.
- The Company shall have the right, at any time in its sole discretion and without liability or cost, to cancel any trip or portion of a trip, or make an alteration in itinerary, trip dates, or accommodations, in the event of any trip being rendered unsafe, as determined by The Company. Refunds associated with such cancellations, if any, will be provided pursuant to the Standard Cancellation Policy.
- I understand that The Company is not responsible for my well-being during such periods of time that I may be absent from The Company’s supervised activities.
- The Company is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to my belongings or to the belongings of any other person, including passports and travel documents. I understand that The Company is not responsible for the loss or theft of any of my personal property during the trip. In the event of an emergency requiring medical attention, I give my consent and permission to the staff of The Company, school officials, chaperone(s), or attending physician to perform medical treatments and/or surgery. The Company cannot be held responsible for the quality and timeliness of any such medical care received, nor for any expense incurred. In the circumstance of an injury, illness, or other emergency situation, only school chaperones and/or Global Travel Alliance staff may be with a student without other students or adults present.
- I understand that I am responsible for checking with my own doctor and/or travel clinic for needed immunizations and that The Company does not assume responsibility in providing medical advice to travelers.
- I understand that The Company and/or the airlines or hotels reserve the right to make changes in trip itineraries, departure dates, and trip dates, to substitute airlines and equipment or to make cancellations for insufficient participation. I agree that I may be charged extra in the event of any changes. I agree that I may be responsible for costs associated with accommodating such changes. For example, if a group gets held up overnight due to airline or weather delays (which is a common occurrence), extra expenses resulting from the delay will be my responsibility.
- I understand that if I wish to cancel my enrollment in a Global Travel Alliance trip, I must do so in writing by either email, fax, or mail.
- I understand that The Company has a policy of offering trips with a minimum group size. In the event that the minimum number is not reached, trip and date changes and/or small group supplemental charges may be incurred.
- I understand that I have the option to purchase the TPP at the time of enrollment or within 30 days of enrollment. I authorize Global Travel Alliance to file a claim on my behalf to Travel Insured International. I authorize Travel Insured International to reimburse Global Travel Alliance directly for any claims on my behalf. I agree to provide any documentation requested by The Company, Travel Insured International, or United States Fire Insurance Company to validate that my reason for cancellation is covered by the TPP and is valid. I understand that if my claim is rejected, then I am responsible for all costs incurred under this agreement.
- I understand that I must make timely and full payments according to the payment schedule determined upon enrollment and/or by my group leader(s) and The Company. If I fail to meet such payment deadlines, I realize that I will be required to pay a late fee per payment. In the event that my trip is not paid per the prescribed payment schedule or paid in full by the final payment due date, I understand that my trip may be cancelled. Such cancellations will fall under the Standard Cancellation Policy.
- I agree to take whatever steps are necessary to obtain the necessary travel documents (passport or visa) in a timely manner. I also agree that I will not hold The Company responsible in the event I am unable to obtain the necessary documents. Any cancellations necessary because of an inability to obtain necessary travel documents will follow the Standard Cancellation Policy.
- I understand that I am financially responsible for any damage I may cause to hotel property, bus, or any other facilities, persons, or property while on the trip.
- I certify that I am in good physical and mental health and that I have no special medical or physical conditions, nor any special needs or requirements which would prevent my participation in the trip program, nor be of any harm or inconvenience to myself or the other participants. I understand that walking long distances and climbing stairs may be required activities. I acknowledge that activities and trips facilitated by The Company are not appropriate for individuals with certain medical conditions or who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If I have special dietary requirements or food allergies, I will take complete responsibility for my food intake. The Company cannot guarantee any special meal arrangements for me.
- I agree that I may be charged extra in the event that any airline, bus, or other company adds or increases a fuel or energy surcharge to my trip cost.
- I understand that, if I choose to pay online via credit card or a PayPal account, I may be charged a convenience fee per payment in addition to my regular scheduled payment, if such convenience fee is permitted by applicable state law. I also understand that this fee is not refundable at any time, even in the event I cancel my trip and am entitled to a full or partial trip refund. I also understand that, in these situations, I have the option to pay by electronic check online, or mail a check with no additional fee. All returned electronic or paper checks marked as NSF for any reason are subject to a nonrefundable $35 NSF check fee.
- For international trips only: In the event of a Major Currency Fluctuation, The Company reserves the right to adjust the program fees and apply a currency surcharge. “Major currency fluctuation” is defined as a 7% increase or greater of the destination country’s currency from the time initial deposits were received.
- I understand that this agreement, along with other written Global Travel Alliance documents regarding my trip, includes the entire agreement between The Company and me. I do not rely upon any verbal promises or agreements made to me by any employees of The Company, or by my school or chaperone(s).
- This agreement becomes effective when my enrollment is accepted by The Company and I understand that this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Montana which shall have sole jurisdiction. Time is of the essence to the terms of this agreement. If a part of this agreement is invalid, all valid parts that are severable from the invalid parts shall remain in effect. I understand that I may not assign this agreement.
- I acknowledge that I have reviewed this agreement and have had the opportunity to seek legal counsel to review this agreement and that the rule of construction to the effect that any ambiguities are to be resolved against the drafting party shall not be employed in the interpretation of this agreement.
Global Travel Alliance – Standard Cancellation Policy
I understand that cancellations initiated by me, all cancellations initiated by The Company, and all cancellations initiated by school or church authorities, trip leaders, or group leaders will fall under the Standard Cancellation Policy.
- Deposits, Trip Protection Plan, late fees, and any applicable convenience fees allowed by state law are non-refundable at any time.
- The Standard Cancellation Policy is based upon the number of days prior to departure that the cancellation occurs. The days prior to departure are calculated based upon the original trip departure date (“Original Date”). In the event a trip is rescheduled or delayed (a “Reschedule”) to a later date (a “New Date”), the number of days prior to departure used to calculate refunds shall be capped at the number of days prior to the Original Date that notice of the Reschedule is given to travelers (the “Reschedule Cap”). Once the number of days prior to the New Date is less than that of the Reschedule Cap, then the number of days prior to the New Date shall be used to calculate the refund, if any. For example, if the original departure date of the trip is May 30, 2021 and notice that the trip departure is rescheduled to August 30, 2021 is given to travelers on March 31, 2021, then the Reschedule Cap will be 60 days prior to departure. On July 2, the number of days prior to the New Date shall be used to calculate the refund, which in this example will be 59 days. On July 3, the number of days used to calculate the refund will be 58 days.
- 90-61 days prior to departure, Global Travel Alliance retains 30% of the trip cost per person (includes deposit)
- 60-31 days prior to departure, Global Travel Alliance retains 50% of the trip cost per person (includes deposit)
- 30 days or fewer prior to departure, Global Travel Alliance retains 100% of the trip cost per person (includes deposit)
- No refund will be issued should you cancel 30 days or less prior to departure.
- All cancellations must be in writing to our office by the dates listed in your agreement.
- We strongly recommend that you consider purchasing our Trip Protection Program (TPP). Contact Global Travel Alliance for more information.
All cancellations must be made in writing by mail, fax or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a reason for canceling.
Questions? Contact us.