- Arrive in Munich and stop by the historical center of the city, enjoying one of the largest open markets in all of Europe and the other sites around the Marienplatz.
- Then, transfer straight to Garmisch, a beautiful Bavarian town located on the German-Austrian border. This will be our base from which we will take our excursions into the Alps.
Days 3, 4
- First, the entire group will travel up to the highest peak in this area of the Alps.
- We will ride a cogwheel train up and a cable car down (the steepest in Europe).
- Enjoy the breathtaking views from the top of the world, and after your descent, take a hike around a very scenic lake called Eibsee.
- Then, experience the alpine slopes while riding a summer luge course!
- After seeing the sight of the 1936 Winter Olympic Games, we depart for a unique and spectacular hike up Partnachlam Gorge.
- You’ll remember these days for the rest of your life!
- Travel to the end of the famous Romantic Road today.
- While there we will visit the spectacular Neuschwanstein Castle built by Mad King Ludwig.
- This is the actual castle that influenced that design of the Disney castle.
- On the way back we will stop by the beautiful Weiss Church.
- This is another day set aside for additional outdoor activities in the Alps.
- Hiking, mountain biking, and other activities are available.
- Also, late season snowboarding may be possible. Details and a price list for these optional activities will be made available.
- On this evening, you will have a Bavarian dinner with music and dancing.
- Today choose from two optional adrenaline-packed adventures.
- Just across the Austrian border you may choose from white-water rafting or canyoning.
- Other optional activities include shopping in Garmisch or hiking in the spectacular Hollentalklamm Gorge.
- After a once-in-a-lifetime experience, fly back home from Munich
- Journey to Europe. Arrive in London the next day!
- Meet your guide at the airport.
- After checking into your hotel, see Big Ben, the British Parliament building, #10 Downing Street, the Royal Horse Guards, and Trafalgar Square, the National Art Gallery and the historic St. Martins-in-the-Fields church.
- Later in the day, we will experience the excitement of Leicester Square.
- Today we will visit Westminster Abbey, one of London’s most famous landmarks.
- Then, go for a walk through the park and see the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace.
- In the afternoon we will see St. Paul’s Cathedral and Shakespeare’s Globe Theater.
- That evening you have the option of attending one of London’s famous Westend shows!
- We begin our day by taking a tour of the ancient Tower of London and see England’s crown jewels.
- After lunch we will stop by the Tate Modern Art Museum and also tour famous British Museum.
- That evening we will return to see the Tower Bridge lit up at night and go for a Thames River walk.
- There will also be time for shopping at the open market of Covent Gardens.
- Morning tour of the royal Windsor Castle.
- Then, travel through the beautiful countryside to the town of historic Stratford-on-Avon, where you can opt to visit Shakespeare’s birthplace and burial place.
- Walk along the Avon River or take some time to shop along the cobblestone streets.
- From Stratford we will begin to make our journey north.
- Today we travel to one the most beautiful places on the British Isles – the Lake District.
- You will see why famous poets like Coleridge and Wordsworth chose to live here.
- Go for a boat for a ride on scenic Lake Windemere (weather permitting) and then visit Rydal Mount, home of William Wordsworth.
- Spend the day in the picturesque town of York.
- Visit the impressive Yorkminster – the largest cathedral north of the Alps.
- Walk along the ancient Roman walls that surround the city and shop in the storybook-like shambles area.
- You also have the option to rent a small boat to cruise the river on your own.
- Depart from London or Manchester after memories that will last a lifetime
Day 1 – Journey to Europe
- Board your overnight flight and arrive in Rome the next morning.
Day 2 – The Eternal City
- The Colosseum
- The Arch of Constantine
- The Arch of Titus
- The ancient Roman Forum
- Mammertine Prison
- Trevi Fountain
Day 3 – Stato della Città del Vaticano
- Vatican City
- St. Peter’s Basilica
- Vatican Museum
- Sistine Chapel
- Spanish Steps
- The Pantheon
- Piazza Navonna.
Day 4 – Travel to Florence
- Travel through the beautiful Italian countryside to Florence.
- Ghiberti’s Gates of Paradise
- “The Duomo”
- Ponte Vecchio
- Additional free time in historic Florence
Day 5 – The Renaissance
- The Galleria dell’Accademia
- Michelango’s David
- Optional climb up the Duomo tower for an impressive view of Florence
- The Uffizi Museum
- Additional free time in historic Florence
Day 6 – Travel to Venice
- Depart from Florence and travel through the Italian countryside to Venice
- St. Mark’s Square
- Other important historical and cultural sites
Day 7 – Experience and Culture
- Morning free time and shopping time around Venice.
- The Basilica of St. Marks
- Doge’s Palace
- Evening gondola ride through the canals
Day 8 – Travel back to Rome
- Travel through the Italian countryside as you make your way back to Rome
- Last chance shopping
- Additional sightseeing
Day 9 – Travel back to home
- After eight unforgettable days, depart for home.
- Depart for China
- Cross the International Date Line
- Relax and adjust
- Start touring Beijing
- Lamas Temple
- Depart for the Great Wall
- Kite competition on the Great Wall
- Ming Tombs
- Beijing Opera
- Kung-Fu Show
- Roasted duck dinner
- Transfer to Beijing airport
- Fly to Shanghai
- Meet your English speaking local guide
- Transfer to your hotel
- Nanjing road and bund
- Acrobatic show
- Shanghai museum
- Jade Buddha Temple
- Yu garden
- Free time in old town
- Transfer to Shanghai airport
- Fly to Hong-Kong
- Welcome and orientation
- Tram to the top of Victoria Peak – great views of all of Hong Kong
- Repulse Bay
- Aberdeen harbor
- Free time in the morning before transferring to Hong-Kong airport for our flight home!
- Arrive in San Jose, Costa Rica in the afternoon/evening and transfer to our hotel in nearby Alajuela.
- Depending on airline schedules, take a walk through the coffee fields behind our hotel and begin to explore the new sights and sounds of the tropics.
Day 2: Sarapiqui Lowland Rainforest
- Enjoy a leisurely morning before heading out for today’s activities.
- You can choose to tour a local coffee plantation and see the whole process a coffee bean takes from the fields to your favorite brew. Or, choose to travel to the top of Poas Volcano for a breathtaking view of the central valley and this unique ecosystem.
- Later we depart for the sarapiqui region known for its pristine lowland rainforest and abundant wildlife.
- We will have a unique opportunity to visit with a local family and see how they have transformed their farm into a self-sustaining farm producing an abundance of medicinal and edible plants.
- After checking into our hotel, we will enjoy a guided night hike at our eco-lodge.
Day 3: Scenic Sarapiqui River Rafting or Whitewater Pacuare River Rafting
- Enjoy a day of outdoor adventure.
- Today participate in a half day of rafting on the scenic Sarapiqui River, a breath taking and safe river through the rainforest where we will see abundant wildlife and learn about the local ecosystem.
- For the more adventurous, try a full day rafting excursion on the world famous Pacuare River.
Day 4: Tirimbina Rainforest Research and Education Center
- Early morning birding tour.
- Choose to participate in a variety of educational activities: Water Quality Sampling and Analysis, Ecology and Diversity, Management of non-forest timber products, Forest Composition and the Secret Insect.
- Additional options include a guided rainforest hike, chocolate tour and an evening program on the most abundant mammal in Costa Rica—Bats!
- In the evening, digest the days events with a talk on sustainable tourism.
- Free time at our award winning eco-lodge.
Day 5: Mount Arenal Volcano
- Depart for Fortuna and Mt. Arenal, historically, one of the world’s most active volcanoes.
- This afternoon explore Fortuna with options of shopping, visiting a beautiful waterfall, or a guided hike to the National Park.
- In the evening enjoy the natural hot springs at the foot of the volcano.
Day 6: High Adventure
- This morning take your turn flying high through the forest canopy on ziplines!
- Enjoy one last dip in the hot springs before checking out and departing for Alajuela, stopping for souvenirs and lunch along the way.
- Check into our hotel overlooking the San Jose valley.
Day 7: Depart for Home
- Depart for home after an unforgettable trip.
Additional Itinerary Options
- School Visit: A school visit can be substituted or possibly included in this itinerary. Consult with your Global Travel Alliance representative. A school visit includes the option to deliver needed school supplies and student to student intercultural exchange.
- Catamaran – Snorkeling: End the trip with a catamaran cruise to Tortuga Island! Enjoy the beautiful beach with activities such as snorkeling, kayaking or banana boats! Watch for the sea birds and jumping fish, and you may even get to see dolphins and sea turtles along the way. Once on the island activities abound, including a delicious buffet lunch, shopping and much more! Return to Alajuela following our cruise for one more night.
- Journey to Europe.
- Arrive in Vienna the following morning!
- Meet your tour guide at the airport.
- Upon arrival we will board our charter bus and depart for Salzburg.
- Check-in to our hotel in the historic center of Salzburg.
- Following dinner enjoy on evening walking tour of the old town.
- Spend the morning and the following afternoon in the beautiful area that was the setting for The Sound of Music.
- Our tour will include a visit to the city cathedral, the birthplace and later home of Mozart, and a stroll along the Salzach River.
- In the afternoon we will hike up to the Festung Hohensalzburg fortress.
- Depart in the morning for Vienna.
- Travel by bus through the Austrian Alps with stops throughout the Salzburg Lake District.
- In the morning we will visit St. Gilgen and Mondsee Lake, along with several locations from The Sound of Music.
- Overnight in Vienna.
- Walking tour of the Austrian imperial city.
- Our tour today will include the Stephanplatz and the Michaelerplatz.
- Visit Vienna’s premier landmark, the St. Stephen’s cathedral.
- We will also stroll through the Heldenplatz and browse through Vienna’s largest market, the Naschmarket.
- In the afternoon we will visit the spectacular Schonbrunn Palace where Marie Antoinette was raised.
- Opt to visit Beethovesn’s and Mozart’s homes.
- After five incredible days, return home from Vienna
- Journey to Europe. Board your overnight flight and arrive in Paris on the following morning.
- Your Global Travel Alliance guide will meet you at the airport.
- After checking into our hotel we will visit the historic Notre Dame cathedral.
- Opt to climb to the top of the tower and explore the Parisian Archaeological Crypts.
- After our visit inside the cathedral we will visit the Square Jean XXIII and the Jewish Deportation Memorial.
- In the afternoon tour the Latin Quarter and the Boulevard Saint Michel.
- Free time for shopping and visiting the Pantheon or a stroll through the Luxembourg Gardens.
- Today we will visit Place de la Concorde and have lunch on the Avenue des Champs Elysees – the “triumphal way”.
- Later we will view Napoleon’s Arc de Triomphe and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- Afternoon tour of the Louvre and the Jardin des Tuileries.
- Spend the afternoon exploring this vast collection including the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo and many other astounding works of art.
- In the morning we will head to the top of the Eiffel Tower for a panoramic view of the ‘City of Love’.
- Free time exploring the Tower and the youthful Trocadero.
- In the afternoon we will visit the Neo-Romanesque Sacre Couer cathedral and view Paris from above.
- Free time to mingle with the artists in the Montmartre.
- Morning visit to the French Army Museum and the Dome Church.
- View Napoleon’s burial place.
- In the afternoon travel outside of Paris to the Palace of Versailles.
- View the private apartments of the king and queen, the Hall of Mirrors, and King Louis XIV’s Grand Canal.
- After five unforgettable days, return home from Paris!
- Journey to Europe.
- Board your overnight flight and arrive in Madrid on the following morning.
- Your tour guide will meet you at the Madrid airport.
- After checking into our hotel we will enjoy a guided walking tour of Madrid that will include the Puerta del Sol and the Plaza de Espana with the monuments to Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
- We will also view the historic Plaza Mayor and the Parliament.
- Today we will view the Royal Palace and visit the Prado Museum which houses many works of renowned European artists, including Goya, Velazquez, and El Greco.
- Free time for shopping in the Puerta del Sol.
- Morning journey to ancient Toledo to visit the city’s gothic cathedral and old town.
- Transfer to Granada near the Sierra Nevada mountains.
- Guided walking tour of Granada.
- Students may opt to visit Alhambra Palace with its beautiful Moorish architecture.
- Also nearby is the Generalife Gardens, where the Moorish kings spent their summers.
- Transfer to the Costa del Sol.
- Visit Gibraltar, an island under the control of the United Kingdom.
- Opt to visit the Ape’s Den, Michael’s Cave or shop in various British stores.
- Free time along the Costa del Sol.
- Visit Marabella, the beach, or Tarifa.
- Optional Day Trip to Africa: Opt to take a full-day excursion across the straits of Gibraltar to Tangier in Morocco. In Tangier, we will visit the Grand Socco marketplace and the Casbah. Also enjoy an authentic Moroccan meal including music and dancing.
- Early morning departure for Seville.
- Today we will tour the capital of Andalusia.
- Walking tour of Seville including the Plaza de Espana, Marie Luisa Park, and the Bario Santa Cruz.
- Return to Madrid by coach.
- Along the way, we will stop in Cordoba to see the Moorish Palace.
- Free time in Madrid in the evening.
Days 1, 2:
- Depart for Vietnam! After crossing the International Date Line arrive in Hanoi where you will be greeted by your tour guide.
- Morning tour of Hanoi including Ho Chi Minh’s museum and mausoleum, the One Pillar Pagoda, the Temple of Literature, and the Quanthanh Temple.
- Free time for exploring the old quarter of Hanoi.
- This evening we will attend a theatre for a local water puppet performance.
- Dinner and overnight in Hanoi.
- An additional morning of sightseeing includes the Ho Chi Minh House and the Museum of Ethnology, which contains exhibits of all of Vietnam’s diverse ethnic groups.
- This afternoon journey to Halong Bay — a UNESCO World Heritage Sight. Thousands of small islands surrounded by limestone cliffs fill a gorgeous, emerald green sea.
- Dinner and overnight by boat in Halong Bay.
- Today there’s time to explore a number of the islands and caves of spectacular Halong Bay, by boat.
- Late afternoon return to Hanoi for dinner.
- This evening board an overnight train bound for the remote northwestern provinces of Vietnam.
- Morning arrival at Lao Cai.
Days 6, 7:
- Spend two full days exploring the mountainous town of Sapa and the local hill tribes.
- We will visit local villages and markets and converse with the local H’Mong, Dzay, and Dzao ethnic people dressed in their traditional colorful costume.
- Depart by train the night of day 7 for Hanoi.
- Morning flight to Hue, Vietnam.
- Upon arrival depart on a boat cruise along the Perfume River.
- Up river, a visit to the Thein Mu Pagoda is followed by a tour of the Minh Maung Mausoleum — the resting place of the second Nguyen Emperor.
- Dinner and overnight in Hue.
- Full day of sightseeing of Hué includes visits to the Imperial Palace and the Citadel, behind the walls of which are found the Imperial City, the Forbidden Purple City, beautiful gardens, esplanades and palaces.
- We will also visit two of the most famous of the Nguyen Dynasty mausoleums.
- Free time in the afternoon for shopping at the Dong market.
- Overnight Hue.
- Morning flight to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City).
- Morning transfer to the Mekong Delta for a boat trip to the local floating markets.
- Return to Saigon in the afternoon for a driving tour of the city.
- Dinner and overnight.
Days 1, 2
- Delhi. Your first day is free for you to arrive in Delhi.
- Old And New Delhi.
- Delhi must be one of the most bustling capital cities in the world. New Delhi was built for the British Imperial Government of India and remains the administrative centre of the country. It also has a busy commercial sector and a new Parliament building as well as imposing government offices and embassies.
- We visit the Presidential Palace, which comes into view from its prime position on an artificial hill, called Raisana Hill, at one end of the Rajpath – a wide boulevard originally built for Imperial Processions. The great India Gate, made from Bharatpur Sandstone, spans the other end of the Rajpath. This was built to commemorate the Indian Army officers who died in World War One, and has the names of approximately 14,000 Indian and British soldiers who died in the First World War.
- Then we travel back in time to Old Delhi for an optional visit to Lal Quila the Red Fort, which dominates this ancient part of the city. It was built by Shajahan who also built the world famous Taj Mahal and it is believed that he employed the same Persian architect to design both buildings.
- Our trip into Old Delhi also takes in another of Shahjahan’s great buildings Jama Masjid that means Friday Mosque. It is built on an outcrop of rock near the Red Fort and is the largest Mosque in India with a 100 square metre courtyard surrounded by colonnades.
- On the way to our next destination we travel like the locals in rickshaws through the narrow lanes of the Chandani Chowk Bazaar, which are a hive of activity with lots of busy traders selling saris and dresses and many restaurants. From the liveliness of the streets we reach the calm of Raj Ghat, the memorial garden to Mahatma Ghandi who opposed British rule of India. A square of marble marks the spot where his body was cremated and the trees here were planted by visiting heads of state.
- There is also an optional visit to the Tomb of Humayun, considered by some to be the equivalent of the Taj Mahal. Humayun was a Moghul emperor who had a serious opium habit, and is supposed to have died by falling down the stairs when he was stoned. The area around the tomb is called the Nizammudin Bazaar, and is a very popular Muslim area bustling with many food stalls and markets.
- Delhi To Agra And Visit The Taj Mahal.
- Today we drive into the state of Uttar Pradesh and to the city of Agra . In the past Agra was a capital city but it is most famed and most visited for one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World – the Taj Mahal.
- We approach the Taj Mahal with an optional stop at the Agra Fort a World Heritage Monument . It’s red sandstone bulk dominates a bend in the Yamuna River and offers a spectacular view of the Taj.
- When we reach the Taj Mahal you are free to spend plenty of time looking round this amazing building. It is the tomb of Shajahan’s favorite wife Mumtaz-Mahal. The marble walls of the Taj Mahal change colour with the time of day – at dawn it is pale pink, at noon it is blindingly white and at sunset it is golden. The gardens, with their dark green cypresses and water channels are an integral part of the artistry of this romantic building.
- You can also visit the mosque at the west of the Taj and the guest pavilion at the east to get different views.
- And finally, walk to the rear of the Taj, which overlooks the Yamuna River and gives views back to the Agra Fort.
- Agra to Jaipur.
- After breakfast we take off for an optional visit to Fatephur Sikri – a deserted city of deep red sandstone, perfectly preserved and offering a detailed insight into the life of India ’s Moghul emperors. Built by Humayan’s son, the Emperor Akbar, Fatephur Sikri was a capital city for a very short time. Look out for the stone-tethering ring for the elephant that was used to crush criminals to death; the Turkish Sultana’s House with stone carvings of animals; the Astrologer’s Pavilion; the outdoor chess court; and the Harem.
- From Fatephur Sikri we travel onto the city of Jaipur .
- Jaipur is the capital city of the northern Indian state of Rajasthan. Known as the Pink City , it is one of the most vibrant and colourful cities of India. Famous for its colourful culture, forts and palaces.
- In the afternoon, we take a bicycle rickshaw ride through market in Jaipur, and tour of City Palace . The City Palace has seven courtyards and seven floors, and is a magnificent sight. This is the present home of the Maharajah of Jaipur and contains some fantastic museums. Next to the City Palace is the the Astronomical Observatory of Jantar Mantar, home to the biggest sundial in the world.
- After breakfast the next day we visit the Palace of Winds – the Hawa Mahal. This is a five-storey building for the Maharajah’s royal ladies to watch festive processions and other special events without being seen themselves. Now for a truly memorable part of your trip a ride on an elephant to the Amber Fort.
- Slowly and majestically we travel up the cobbled road to the fort, which is built overlooking a gorge in the dry hilly Rajput landscape. From here you have a magnificent view of Jaipur and the fort itself is a feast of interesting buildings. You will find the silver-door Temple of Kali ; the highly coloured Audience Chamber with its vaulted ceilings of mirrors; and the Hall of Pleasure.
- In the afternoon, you have some free time to explore at your leisure, or you can take an optional visit to a Non-Government organization helping the local children in Jaipur.
- One option for your free time in Jaipur is a visit to the Rajmandir, a famous Art-Deco theatre used for watching the latest Bollywood movies.
- In the evening we will have dinner with a local family.
- Jaipur to Kuchaman Fort.
- In the morning we say goodbye to Jaipur and continue our journey to Kuchaman.
- We are off the beaten track now to spend the night at Kuchaman Fort, which was once a Maharajah’s residence. The Fort is set so high we have to make the last part of our journey by jeep. In the town of Kuchaman you will find narrow streets and busy bazaars and very few foreign visitors.
- There is a chance to swim in the Maharajah’s original pool and you can also book horse riding if you want to see the local scenery and need some exercise.
- You will have free time in the afternoon to explore Kuchaman at your leisure.
- Kuchaman to Pushkar.
- After Breakfast, we transfer from Kuchaman to the town of Pushkar . The holylake of Pushkar is believed to have been created by Lord Brahma himself. Devout Hindus believe that it is essential to visit Pushkar at least once in their lifetime. No pilgrimage is considered complete without a dip in the holy Pushkar lake. Pushkar has as many as 400 temples and ghats and the only temple in the country that is dedicated to Brahama is to be found here. While Pushkar is a heaven for the religiously inclined, it is also the venue of one of the country’s most colourful fairs – the Pushkar Camel Fair, held annually in November.
- Upon arrival, we have an afternoon Guided walk through Pushkar, and some free time for exploring later on.
- One recommendation for your free time is go on a fairly easy hike through the city to the temple called Savitri. This temple is situated on a hill and provides excellent views of the town, and is very popular at sunset.
- After some free time in the morning, we continue our adventure into the desert.
- We take an afternoon ride into the desert surrounding Pushkar, and set up camp in the Sand dunes in the desert.
- Pushkar to Chandelao / Khejarla. After breakfast at Camp, we begin our return to Pushkar.
- Upon arrival back into Pushkar, we take a vehicle transfer onwards to Chandelao, a village which will be our base for the next 2 nights while we explore the area and the city of Jodhpur . We check into Chandelaogarh Fort, and have a late afternoon walk in the village before enjoying our evening meal on the terrace of the fort.
- Excursion to Jodphur.
- Set at the edge of the Thar desert, the imperial city of Jodhpur echoes with tales of antiquity in the emptiness of the desert. The city is encompassed by a high wall, 10 km long with 8 gates and innumerable bastions.
- We include a visit to the massive 15th century A.D. Meherangarh Fort. The 5 km long majestic fort on a 125 metre high hill is one of the most impressive and formidable structures. Although invincible from the outside, the fort has four gates approached by a winding road. Within the fort are some magnificent palaces with marvelously carved panels, latticed windows and evocative names. But one of the most exciting things about the fort is the view it gives you of Jodphur itself. Jodphur is known as the ‘ Blue City ’ and you will see why – the walls are colour washed in blue, which looks amazing in the desert light.
- Then we go into Jodphur and make a visit to the bustling market under the tall clock tower. Spices, flowers and beautiful textiles are on sale here and barbers work under the nearby banyan trees – so you can stop off for a quick haircut in the street. The market area is considered to be one of the most interesting and fascinating sights in Jodhpur.
- In the afternoon we return to Chandelao for some free time, or the offer of further optional excursions to make cultural visits and activities around Chandelao.
Days 13, 14
- Chandelao to Ranakpur and Kumbhalgarh.
- Today we drive from the fringes of the Thar desert to the foothills of the Aravali mountain range. It is very interesting to see how gradually the desert landscape transforms into a hilly one, and so do the local people’s attires and their houses.
- During our stay at Ranakpur we visit the magnificent complex of Jain temples. This is one of the finest examples of Marble architecture in India . It has 1,444 pillars, and many intricately carved domes. This is one the region’s most important religious sites set in the Aravalli Hills – a terrain of deep ravines, lush cultivated terraces and mango groves. The Ranakpur temples are built in white marble and breathtakingly intricate carvings on walls and a forest of columns through the buildings.
- After a night in Ranakpur, we continue our journey to Kumbalgarh. On the way, we include a stop in the village of Saira . Here we are able to walk on roads that go through small tribal villages, and farms where we can still see age-old practices of agriculture, and also see some schools on the way, or make a “chai stop.
- On arrival in Kumbhalgarh, we make an afternoon visit to Kumbhalgarh Fort. This is a massive fortress built in the 15th Century, with walls 33 kilometres long, and 25 metres wide in some parts, and containing many beautiful temples.
Days 15, 16
- From Kumbhalgarh we drive south through the now rich green countryside to Udaipur, considered the most romantic city in India. Having spent time in the desert you are now in a place of complete contrast, a city of lakes, gardens and greenery.
- On arrival in Udaipur, we have an afternoon city tour, including City Palace complex, a majestic architectural marvel towering over the lake on a hill surrounded by walls, it is a conglomeration of courtyards, pavilions, terraces, corridors, rooms and hanging gardens. The main entrance is through the triple arched gate, the ‘Tripolia’, with eight marble porticos. The Maharana were weighed under the gate in the gold, the equivalent amount of which was distributed among the populace. Our city tour also includes a visit to the Jagdish Temples and a sunset boat ride on the magnificent Lake Pichola. One stop we make on the lake will be at Jag Mandir Island for a visit to the temples. The view from the lake at sunset is simply stunning – elegant marble palaces can be seen on the shoreline – an image of Rajput splendour. On the lake itself is the Summer Palace where you can go for a meal if you really feel like a treat. Finish the day with a meal in one of the many restaurants dotted among the city’s narrow streets.
- You have a few hours of free time the following morning to complete that last bit of souvenir shopping, see some more sights and take some more photographs. If you are still up for more sightseeing, we recommend a trip to Sahelion-ki-Bari, and 18th century garden for the entertainment of the ladies of the royal household.
- Then we board the overnight train for the trip back to Delhi.
- Overnight flight to Lima.
- Transfer to Cusco. Welcome to Cusco, capitol of the Incas.
- First off, just breathe and begin adjusting to the 10,500 ft altitude.
- Leisurely orientation and walking tour of Plaza de Armas, Inca walls, Spanish churches, and markets.
- Half-day city bus tour, including the temple of Qorikancha, the ceremonial fortress of Saqsaywaman, along with the ruins at Qenko, Puca Pucara, and Tambomachay.
- Free afternoon for crafts shopping or other museum sites.
- All day Sacred Valley tour to several high Inca sites overlooking the Urubamba River, including elaborate Pisaq, its famed market below, terraced Ollantaytambo, and sacred Chinchero.
- Day trip to Chinchero, Maras and Moray.
- Chinchero is spectacularly sited above the rest of the valley.
- Moray is one of the most unique Inca sites in the region, featuring enigmatic concentric ring terraces.
- Salinas de Maras is an amazing sight where thousands of individual saltpans form unique terraces on the hillside.
- At 4pm transfer to the train station and 2 hours of journey to Aguas Calientes town located in the bottom of Machu Picchu and if time permits, an optional visit to the thermal pools located next of the hotel. ($2 additional).
- Today the tour starts with breakfast at 5:30am and then will be all day guided tour to Machu Picchu, the famed lost city of the Incas. It was never discovered by the Spanish, eventually abandoned and forgotten until its 1911 discovery by American Hiram Bingham. Its striking position on a remote precipice adds to its mystical aura.
- In the late afternoon, take a train journey to Ollantaytambo and from there bus transfer to hotel in Cusco.
- Fly back to Lima from Cusco in the morning.
- Visit the comprehensive Archeology Museum.
- Driving tour of Miraflores, Barranco, and Pachacamac.
- Shopping at trendy Larcomar on the coast, dinner on famous Pizza Street, check into Miraflores hotel.
- Driving and walking tour of historic downtown Lima: Plaza San Martin, Plaza Mayor, colonial structures, modern shopping, and artisan markets.
- Overnight flight to US or depart in the morning.
- Arrive in Belize
- Meet your tour director who will meet you in Belize
- Additional touring dependent on arrival time
- Transfer to Biltmore Plaza
- Scenic boat ride on the New River
- Visit the Lamanai ruins
- Return to Biltmore
- Road transfer to San Ignacio
- Stop at Jaguar Paw
- Guided Cave tubing
- Ziplining tour
- Overnight Cahal Pech Villages
- The Mayan ruins of Xunantunich
- Guided tour of the city ruins and climb to the top of the temple El Castillo
- Travel to Barton Creek for another caving adventure
- Overnight Cahal Pech Villages
- Morning visit to the Belize Zoo
- Travel by boat on the Ole Belize River and arrive at Ambergris Caye
- Free time on the beach
- Overnight Sunbreeze Hotel
- Snorkel at Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley
- Enjoy additional beach time
- Overnight Sunbreeze Hotel
- Boat transfer from Ambergris Caye to Belize City
- Pickup and transfer to International Airport
- Depart for home
- Arrive the following day
Days 1, 2
- Journey to Australia.
- Board your overnight flight and arrive in Cairns two days later.
- Arrive in Cairns after crossing the International Date Line.
- This afternoon we will visit an animal park to observe many unique animals only found in Australia! Cuddle a Koala Bear, feed kangaroos, and check out the crocodiles!
- Today we will head out by boat to the breath-taking Great Barrier Reef!
- Spend the afternoon snorkeling, swimming, or just sun-bathing.
- Lunch included on the Reef.
- Enjoy a walking tour of the Esplanade following the cruise.
- Morning visit to the Cairns Botanical Gardens.
- This afternoon head to the Rainforest!
- We will take a hike through the Rainforest and swim at a waterfall.
- Visit The Boulders, a creek where you might see a platypus!
- Depart in the morning for the picturesque mountain retreat of Kuranda Village.
- Visit Kuranda’s shops and markets with their exotically handcrafted goods, Aboriginal artifacts, restaurants and coffee shops.
- Depart in the afternoon for the Outback!
- Arrive in time for an Outback dinner and evening activities around the campfire.
- Evening activities may include a sing-a-long, nature talk, Aussie heritage show, bush poetry, slide show, nocturnal spotlighting walk etc.
- Tonight we will camp under the stars of the great Australian Outback.
- Our educational activities today will include a geology and ecology tour of the famous lava tubes, caving, a bat tour, bush walks, a wildlife tour and other activities.
- Free time at the pool and for self-guided hikes.
- Depart in the morning back to Cairns, stopping along the way at a coffee plantation, waterfalls and more.
- Beach visit in the afternoon before our farewell dinner.
- Depart for home from Cairns!
- Optional Sydney Extension