January 8, 2016
- Journey to Europe.
- Board your overnight flight and arrive in Madrid on the following morning.
- Your tour guide will meet you at the Madrid airport.
- After checking into our hotel we will enjoy a guided walking tour of Madrid that will include the Puerta del Sol and the Plaza de Espana with the monuments to Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
- We will also view the historic Plaza Mayor and the Parliament.
- Today we will view the Royal Palace and visit the Prado Museum which houses many works of renowned European artists, including Goya, Velazquez, and El Greco.
- Free time for shopping in the Puerta del Sol.
- Morning journey to ancient Toledo to visit the city’s gothic cathedral and old town.
- Transfer to Granada near the Sierra Nevada mountains.
- Guided walking tour of Granada.
- Students may opt to visit Alhambra Palace with its beautiful Moorish architecture.
- Also nearby is the Generalife Gardens, where the Moorish kings spent their summers.
- Transfer to the Costa del Sol.
- Visit Gibraltar, an island under the control of the United Kingdom.
- Opt to visit the Ape’s Den, Michael’s Cave or shop in various British stores.
- Free time along the Costa del Sol.
- Visit Marabella, the beach, or Tarifa.
- Optional Day Trip to Africa: Opt to take a full-day excursion across the straits of Gibraltar to Tangier in Morocco. In Tangier, we will visit the Grand Socco marketplace and the Casbah. Also enjoy an authentic Moroccan meal including music and dancing.
- Early morning departure for Seville.
- Today we will tour the capital of Andalusia.
- Walking tour of Seville including the Plaza de Espana, Marie Luisa Park, and the Bario Santa Cruz.
- Return to Madrid by coach.
- Along the way, we will stop in Cordoba to see the Moorish Palace.
- Free time in Madrid in the evening.
- Return home from Madrid