Travel to Manjacaze, Mozambique where will be spending two weeks serving with the Mozaic Trust. Your days will be filled with a variety of opportunities like working alongside the Mozaic Trust team, getting to know the community, eating dinner with families, building a playground, playing sports with the locals, and spending time in the local markets. You will end our time in Africa with a nighttime and day safari before heading back to the United States.
Day 1 and 2: Travel Days
- Fly around the world and arrive in Africa
Day 3 Travel and transfer to Mozaic Trust:
- Flight from Ethiopia to Maputo, Mozambique, transfer to Mozaic Trust Headquarters for evening meal with the Mozaic Trust Leadership.
Day 4 Orientation to the Community:
- Spend the day getting to know the community and families you will be working with over the next seven days.
- Activities could include soccer, meals with the families, visits to the local markets, and other culture exchange activities.
Day 5 – 12 Service Projects:
- Days include service work alongside local partners (i.e. building playgrounds, infrastructures, assisting in schools), and evenings include meals with the families and other culture exchange activities.
TBD Beach Day:
- Early departure for one of Mozambique’s beautiful beaches.
Day 13 High Adventure:
- Morning/Afternoon early departure for Kruger National Park with scenic stops along the way. In the evening check into hotel outside of Kruger National Park and take a guided safari night drive.
Day 14 Safari & Wildlife Drive:
- Morning/Afternoon all day animal drive and wildlife safari in Kruger National Park! In the evening return to hotel or overnight in Maputo, Mozambique.
Day 15 and 16 Return Home:
- Morning/Afternoon transfer to Maputo Airport for your afternoon flight home.