January 8, 2016
- Arrive in Billings, Montana – home of the Global Travel Alliance headquarters!
- Spend the afternoon exploring Pompey’s Pillar National Monument
- See the only remaining physical evidence of the Lewis & Clark Expedition appearing on the trail as it did 200 years ago
- Cowboy up! What would a trip to Montana be like without a horseback ride?
- We will spend the day on the Diamond Hanging Seven Ranch in the Pryor Mountains on the Crow Indian reservation.
- Opportunity for horseback rides and other ranch activities abound!
- That evening, return to Billings for one last night.
- In the morning we will travel to Big Horn Canyon, one of Montana’s best kept secrets.
- We will travel deep into the canyon on pontoon boats with massive cliffs on our sides that can go as high as 2000 feet!
- In the afternoon we will travel to the Little Bighorn Battlefield and Museum, the site of George Armstrong Custer’s defeat by Sioux and Cheyenne warriors.
- Later in the day, we will view a live reenactment of the battle!
- Morning departure from Billings to travel to Bozeman, Montana and a visit to the Museum of the Rockies.
- Learn about the rich natural and cultural history of America’s Northern Rocky Mountains.
- View the permanent exhibit that takes you 4.6 billion years ago to the past 200 years of Montana history.
- In the afternoon we will drive to West Yellowstone and visit the Grizzly Bear and Wolf Discovery Center.
- Here you will get a chance to view live grizzlies and wolves and get a fascinating glimpse into their world and a better understanding of the Yellowstone ecosystem.
- Today we will tour the lower loop of Yellowstone National Park.
- We will start in Fire Hole Canyon and view Fire Hole Falls.
- You may want to take a short hike and view the fountain paint pots.
- Continuing on, we will drive to Old Faithful for lunch and time to view the geyser erupt.
- You may want to take a short easy hike to view other geysers in the area before we travel across the continental divide to Yellowstone Lake.
- The highlight of our day will be our visit to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone and viewing of the Upper and Lower Falls.
- Our second day in Yellowstone Park will be spent on the Northern Loop.
- This part of the park is known for its wide variety of wildlife and scenic terrain.
- We will spend the morning viewing Mammoth Hot Springs.
- That evening, we will travel to Red Lodge, Montana, in the heart of the Beartooth Mountains.
- Today we will spend the morning exploring the town of Red Lodge and the beautiful mountains surrounding the city.
- In the afternoon, we will go white water rafting (depends on water flow).
- That evening, we will return to Billings.
- After seven life-changing days, depart for home