January 8, 2016
- Depart for Europe!
- Arrive in Munich and stop by the historical center of the city, enjoying one of the largest open markets in all of Europe and the other sites around the Marienplatz.
- Then, transfer straight to Garmisch, a beautiful Bavarian town located on the German-Austrian border. This will be our base from which we will take our excursions into the Alps.
Days 3, 4
- First, the entire group will travel up to the highest peak in this area of the Alps.
- We will ride a cogwheel train up and a cable car down (the steepest in Europe).
- Enjoy the breathtaking views from the top of the world, and after your descent, take a hike around a very scenic lake called Eibsee.
- Then, experience the alpine slopes while riding a summer luge course!
- After seeing the sight of the 1936 Winter Olympic Games, we depart for a unique and spectacular hike up Partnachlam Gorge.
- You’ll remember these days for the rest of your life!
- Travel to the end of the famous Romantic Road today.
- While there we will visit the spectacular Neuschwanstein Castle built by Mad King Ludwig.
- This is the actual castle that influenced that design of the Disney castle.
- On the way back we will stop by the beautiful Weiss Church.
- This is another day set aside for additional outdoor activities in the Alps.
- Hiking, mountain biking, and other activities are available.
- Also, late season snowboarding may be possible. Details and a price list for these optional activities will be made available.
- On this evening, you will have a Bavarian dinner with music and dancing.
- Today choose from two optional adrenaline-packed adventures.
- Just across the Austrian border you may choose from white-water rafting or canyoning.
- Other optional activities include shopping in Garmisch or hiking in the spectacular Hollentalklamm Gorge.
- After a once-in-a-lifetime experience, fly back home from Munich