January 8, 2016
- Journey to Europe. Arrive in London the next day!
- Meet your guide at the airport.
- After checking into your hotel, see Big Ben, the British Parliament building, #10 Downing Street, the Royal Horse Guards, and Trafalgar Square, the National Art Gallery and the historic St. Martins-in-the-Fields church.
- Later in the day, we will experience the excitement of Leicester Square.
- Today we will visit Westminster Abbey, one of London’s most famous landmarks.
- Then, go for a walk through the park and see the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace.
- In the afternoon we will see St. Paul’s Cathedral and Shakespeare’s Globe Theater.
- That evening you have the option of attending one of London’s famous Westend shows!
- We begin our day by taking a tour of the ancient Tower of London and see England’s crown jewels.
- After lunch we will stop by the Tate Modern Art Museum and also tour famous British Museum.
- That evening we will return to see the Tower Bridge lit up at night and go for a Thames River walk.
- There will also be time for shopping at the open market of Covent Gardens.
- Morning tour of the royal Windsor Castle.
- Then, travel through the beautiful countryside to the town of historic Stratford-on-Avon, where you can opt to visit Shakespeare’s birthplace and burial place.
- Walk along the Avon River or take some time to shop along the cobblestone streets.
- From Stratford we will begin to make our journey north.
- Today we travel to one the most beautiful places on the British Isles – the Lake District.
- You will see why famous poets like Coleridge and Wordsworth chose to live here.
- Go for a boat for a ride on scenic Lake Windemere (weather permitting) and then visit Rydal Mount, home of William Wordsworth.
- Spend the day in the picturesque town of York.
- Visit the impressive Yorkminster – the largest cathedral north of the Alps.
- Walk along the ancient Roman walls that surround the city and shop in the storybook-like shambles area.
- You also have the option to rent a small boat to cruise the river on your own.
- Depart from London or Manchester after memories that will last a lifetime