January 8, 2016
- Journey to Europe.
- Arrive in Vienna the following morning!
- Meet your tour guide at the airport.
- Upon arrival we will board our charter bus and depart for Salzburg.
- Check-in to our hotel in the historic center of Salzburg.
- Following dinner enjoy on evening walking tour of the old town.
- Spend the morning and the following afternoon in the beautiful area that was the setting for The Sound of Music.
- Our tour will include a visit to the city cathedral, the birthplace and later home of Mozart, and a stroll along the Salzach River.
- In the afternoon we will hike up to the Festung Hohensalzburg fortress.
- Depart in the morning for Vienna.
- Travel by bus through the Austrian Alps with stops throughout the Salzburg Lake District.
- In the morning we will visit St. Gilgen and Mondsee Lake, along with several locations from The Sound of Music.
- Overnight in Vienna.
- Walking tour of the Austrian imperial city.
- Our tour today will include the Stephanplatz and the Michaelerplatz.
- Visit Vienna’s premier landmark, the St. Stephen’s cathedral.
- We will also stroll through the Heldenplatz and browse through Vienna’s largest market, the Naschmarket.
- In the afternoon we will visit the spectacular Schonbrunn Palace where Marie Antoinette was raised.
- Opt to visit Beethovesn’s and Mozart’s homes.
- After five incredible days, return home from Vienna