January 8, 2016
Days 1, 2
- Journey to Australia.
- Board your overnight flight and arrive in Cairns two days later.
- Arrive in Cairns after crossing the International Date Line.
- This afternoon we will visit an animal park to observe many unique animals only found in Australia! Cuddle a Koala Bear, feed kangaroos, and check out the crocodiles!
- Today we will head out by boat to the breath-taking Great Barrier Reef!
- Spend the afternoon snorkeling, swimming, or just sun-bathing.
- Lunch included on the Reef.
- Enjoy a walking tour of the Esplanade following the cruise.
- Morning visit to the Cairns Botanical Gardens.
- This afternoon head to the Rainforest!
- We will take a hike through the Rainforest and swim at a waterfall.
- Visit The Boulders, a creek where you might see a platypus!
- Depart in the morning for the picturesque mountain retreat of Kuranda Village.
- Visit Kuranda’s shops and markets with their exotically handcrafted goods, Aboriginal artifacts, restaurants and coffee shops.
- Depart in the afternoon for the Outback!
- Arrive in time for an Outback dinner and evening activities around the campfire.
- Evening activities may include a sing-a-long, nature talk, Aussie heritage show, bush poetry, slide show, nocturnal spotlighting walk etc.
- Tonight we will camp under the stars of the great Australian Outback.
- Our educational activities today will include a geology and ecology tour of the famous lava tubes, caving, a bat tour, bush walks, a wildlife tour and other activities.
- Free time at the pool and for self-guided hikes.
- Depart in the morning back to Cairns, stopping along the way at a coffee plantation, waterfalls and more.
- Beach visit in the afternoon before our farewell dinner.
- Depart for home from Cairns!
- Optional Sydney Extension