General Booking Conditions and Release Agreement
I (and/or my parent or guardian if I am under 21 years of age), an applicant for a program sponsored by Global Travel Alliance, agree to the following:
- I agree to follow any such group rules or regulations that Global Travel Alliance (“The Company”) may require, and further, to indemnify The Company and its staff, agents, employees, vendors, and contractors against any consequences which may result as a result of my refusal to comply with such regulations. I agree that my participation in the Global Travel Alliance program may at any time be terminated by The Company if I fail to follow these regulations, the instructions of my group leader(s), or Global Travel Alliance personnel. I agree to being sent home at my own expense and waive the right to any refund of the trip cost.
- I understand that if school or church authorities, for whatever reason, declare me ineligible to participate in the enrolled trip, my cancellation is subject to the refund policy described in The Company’s current-year Booking Conditions.
- It is the responsibility of each parent or guardian to determine the suitability of the chaperone(s) to lead a Global Travel Alliance trip. Parents/Guardians should make sure chaperones are aware of any special needs or requirements, medical or otherwise.
- I understand that the Chaperone is the liaison between myself and The Company.
- I agree that any photo or video likenesses taken of me while on a Global Travel Alliance trip and, any of my comments, are the sole property of The Company and may be used in future Company publications without any compensation being owed to me.
- I hereby waive any and all claims against The Company and its staff, agents, employees, vendors, or contractors, domestic and overseas, my local school and any staff members or chaperones accompanying the group, arising from any death, injury, loss, damage, accident, delay, irregularity, or expense to person or property incurred from the use of any vehicle or service, strikes, war, weather, sickness, quarantine, government restrictions or regulations, or arising from any act of omission of any steamship, airline, railroad, bus company, sightseeing, hotel or any other service or transporting company, firm, individual, or agency.
- The Company shall have the right, at any time in its discretion and without liability or cost, to cancel any trip or portion of a trip, or make an alteration in itinerary, or accommodation, in the event of any trip being rendered unsafe.
- I understand that The Company is not responsible for my well-being during such periods of time that I may be absent from The Company’s supervised activities.
- The Company is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to my belongings or to the belongings of any other person, including passports and travel documents. I understand that The Company is not responsible for the loss or theft of any of my personal property during the trip.
- In the event of an emergency requiring medical attention, I give my consent and permission to the staff of The Company, school officials, chaperone(s) or attending physician to perform medical treatments and/or surgery. The Company cannot be held responsible for the quality and timeliness of any such medical care received, nor for any expense incurred. In the circumstance of an injury, illness or other emergency situation, only school chaperones and/or Global Travel Alliance staff may be with a student without other students or adults present.
- I understand that I am responsible for checking with my own doctor and/or travel clinic for needed immunizations and that The Company does not assume responsibility in providing medical advice to travelers.
- I understand that The Company and/or the airlines reserve the right to make changes in trip itineraries and departure dates, to substitute airlines and equipment or to make cancellations for insufficient participation.
- I understand that if I wish to cancel my enrollment in a Global Travel Alliance trip, I must do so in writing by either email, fax or mail.
- I understand that The Company has a policy of offering trips with a minimum group size. In the event that the minimum number is not reached, trip and date changes and/or small group supplemental charges may be incurred.
- I understand that I have the option to purchase the Trip Protection Plan (TPP) at the time of enrollment or within 30 days of enrollment. I authorize Global Travel Alliance to file a claim on my behalf to Travel Insured International. I authorize Travel Insured International to reimburse Global Travel Alliance directly for any claims on my behalf.
- I understand that I must make timely and full payments according to the payment schedule determined upon enrollment and/or by my group leader(s) and The Company. If I fail to meet such payment deadlines, I realize that I will be required to pay a late fee per payment. In the event that my trip is not paid per the prescribed payment schedule or paid in full by the final payment due date, I understand that my trip may be cancelled. Such cancellations will fall under the Standard Cancellation Policy, unless I previously enrolled in the TPP.
- I agree to take whatever steps are necessary to obtain the necessary travel documents (passport or visa) in a timely manner. I also agree that I will not hold The Company responsible in the event I am unable to obtain the necessary documents. Any cancellations necessary because of an inability to obtain necessary travel documents will follow the Standard Cancellation Policy, unless I previously enrolled in the TPP.
- I understand that I am financially responsible for any damage I may cause to hotel property, bus or any other facilities while on the trip.
- I understand that this agreement, along with other written Global Travel Alliance documents regarding my trip, includes the entire agreement between The Company and me. I do not rely upon any verbal promises or agreements made to me by any employees of The Company, or by my school or chaperone(s).
- I certify that I am in good physical and mental health and that I have no special medical or physical conditions, nor any special needs or requirements which would prevent my participation in the trip program, nor be of any harm or inconvenience to myself or the other participants. I understand that walking long distances and climbing stairs may be required activities.
- If I have special dietary requirements or food allergies, I will take complete responsibility for my food intake. The Company cannot guarantee any special meal arrangements for me.
- This agreement becomes effective when my enrollment is accepted by The Company and I understand that this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Montana which shall have sole jurisdiction.
- I agree that I may be charged extra in the event that any airline, bus or other company adds or increases a fuel or energy surcharge to my trip cost.
- I understand that, if I choose to pay online via credit card or a PayPal account, I may be charged a 3% convenience fee per payment in addition to my regular scheduled payment. I also understand that this fee is not refundable at any time, even in the event I cancel my trip and am entitled to a full- or partial-trip refund. I also understand that, in these situations, I have the option to pay by electronic check online, or mail a check with no additional fee. All returned electronic or paper checks marked as NSF for any reason are subject to a nonrefundable $35 NSF check fee.
- For international trips only: In the event of a major currency fluctuation, The Company reserves the right to adjust the program fees and apply a currency surcharge. ‘Major currency fluctuation’ is defined as a 7% increase or greater from the time initial deposits were received.
Global Travel Alliance – Standard Cancellation Policy*
- Deposits, Trip Protection Plan, late fees and 3% convenience fees are non-refundable at any time.
- 90-61 days prior to departure, Global Travel Alliance retains 30% of the trip cost per person (includes deposit)
- 60-31 days prior to departure, Global Travel Alliance retains 50% of the trip cost per person (includes deposit)
- 30 days or fewer prior to departure, Global Travel Alliance retains 100% of the trip cost per person (includes deposit)
- No refund will be issued should you cancel 30 days or less prior to departure.
- All cancellations must be in writing to our office by the dates listed in your agreement.
- We strongly recommend that you consider purchasing our Trip Protection Program (TPP). Contact Global Travel Alliance for more information.
- *Cruises are subject to different cancellation policies. Contact your Global Travel Alliance representative for important information.
- All cancellations must be made in writing by mail, fax or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a reason for canceling.
Questions? Contact us.