What to Bring
- Shoes – Bring two pairs for lots of walking and possible rain. No sandals or flip-flops!
- Clothes – Prepare with layers. Pack some shorts, a pair of jeans, a sweartshirt and small jacket, and in case the weather gets wet and/or cold, bring a hat and a rain-proof shell.
- Toiletries – Travel size items that fit in 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag. Hair dryers are straighteners are discouraged.
- Backpack, satchel, or purse – Anything you can carry the essentials (camera, cash, cellphone, etc.) inside of that zips or snaps shut.
- Sunscreen – It’s called “the great outdoors” for a reason (you’re outside…a lot).
- Spending money – At most, you might need an extra $20-$25 each day for snacks or souvenirs.
- Camera film/batteries – These items will be hard to find on-location and will most likely cost more there than at home.
- Journal – For certain trips, Global Travel Alliance provides every traveler with a Travel Journal. However, you can always bring your own, small-sized notebook or journal for writing things down or sketching memories.
Read more about liquids, carry-ons, and proper identification at http://www.tsa.gov/
What we give you
- Emergency Cards – If applicable to your group, this waterproof card includes group leader, guide, and emergency contact information, and is attached to a mountain climbing carabiner.
- Luggage Tags – Add your personal information to this tag and attach it to your luggage.
- Travel Journal – Travelers to certain destinations will receive a small and easy-to-pack booklet full of destination background information, high-def photography, interesting facts and figures, and insightful questions that will get the gears going.
- Global Gear – Some groups receive Global Gear (backpacks, t-shirts, Nalgene bottles, etc.) for their trip. Contact your group leader for more information.
Social Media and Blog
- Get the inside scoop and discover the huge amounts of fun you’re going to have and wisdom you’re going to gain! Read our Global Adventures student travel blog or follow us on Instagram!
Passport and Visa Information
Sustainability at Global Travel Alliance
Discover new ways to take care of the environment and travel green with these simple travel green tips.